JOB DESCRIPTION – AUTOMATION ENGINEER VIRTUAL PLC/SCADA
Tein Technology is passionate about new technologies. You too? Are you excited about bits & bytes? Do you like to facilitate your client’s job by automating high end security systems? Then join our technical team as Automation Engineer Virtual PLC/SCADA! Mainly active in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are a leader in the integration of voice and video
As Automation Engineer, you will be part of the Innovation and Development department. Together with your colleagues, you will be technically responsible for the design and implementation of automation solutions at the client such as the Tunnel Monitoring Centre of Antwerp. You will buid in-depth knowledge into the fundamentals of our automation platform as well as other new fascinating technologies.
Your tasks include:
- Analyses user requirements and create the most suitable technical solution
- Document your designs, optimize it together with the customer for optimal usability
- Act as technical expert: listen, understand and communicate with the client regarding his “wishes” and the impact of those on the daily use of the automation system.
- Implementation of solutions based on virtual PLC and SCADA:
- Prepare future installations in lab environment
- Installation and commissioning of the solution
- User and Administrator training sessions
- Identify, log, describe, escalate and follow up on issues arising during project implementation
- Documentation of the installation (As-built/user manual).
- Perform upgrades and extensions on existing installations.
- Execute first line corrective maintenance 24H/7D within the SCADA software application
- Participate in tests setups required for demo, exposition and/or product validation
- Update site documentation after intervention (software release, installed base…)
Education, Knowledge & Work Experience:
- Industrial engineer or equivalent by experience with a specialization in automation
- Passionate about GUI Software development in a Windows environment (.NET, XAML),
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (C#)
- 5 years or more professional experience in the automation domain (SCADA, PLC programming)
- Windows server management, MSSQL and network technology knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English, Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Open minded, innovative, dynamic, flexible and eager to learn
- Being autonomous whilst being a team player
- Being solution driven, a passion for problem solving
- Feel right at home in a highly dynamic ‘family-owned’ company, where every employee matters and is valued for their qualities.
- Live something special with a unique work environment, in a modern office in the heart of Brussels.
- Get to work on high-end technological solutions.
- Take your skills to the next level, with real responsibilities and challenges, in a spirit of openness and collaboration.
- Keep growing, with exciting internal and external technical training opportunities.
- Escape rush-hour ordeals, with flexible work hours.
- Love where you work, with a unique corporate culture ensuring access to all levels of management – be heard, understood and recognized, and know that we always make time for fun too.
- Enjoy an attractive salary package, with a whole range of perks: a company car, fuel card, group health and hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, birthday gift, laptop, mobile phone and net expenses.